Julie Megler is a board certified psychiatric nurse practitioner with specialization in family medicine. She has already accomplished a lot in her career and she will continuously develop her knowledge and skills in order to help more patients from different walks of life.
Currently, Julie has a private practice in the San Francisco Bay Area. She focuses on Integrative Mental Health services for physical and emotional well-being. Because of Julie’s remarkable contribution, she has already been invited to take part in Psychedelic Science Conference, Women’s Visionary Congress, and Detroit’s First Entheogenic Conference.
In this episode, Julie will share:
- [4:30] How she ventured into the world of psychedelic research
- [8:05] Julie’s work in dealing with patients who experience post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- [10:00] The story of how she started to help people integrate non-ordinary states of consciousness.
- [14:13] What ERIE is and does for the psychedelic community.
- [16:15] Typical challenges and difficulties of the people who seek out Julie’s support and how she helps them.
- [21:48] Her opinions on the recent phenomena of “drive-by shamans”
- [23:50] Useful tools that people can use to navigate altered states.
- and much, much more!
Art by Alex Grey
Mentioned in this interview
- Alexander Shulgin
- Entheogenic Research, Integration, and Education (ERIE)
Where to find Julie
Medicine music for the soul
Ecstatic Grounding by Liquid Bloom
Deepest gratitude to these artists, for allowing us to use their music in our podcast branding.
- Birds of Paradise
- Desert Dwellers
- The Human Experience
- Ixchel Prisma
- Phuture Primitive
- Shaman’s Dream
To know more about these artists, visit our Gratitude page.