Shonagh Home is a well-known author, shamanic practitioner, teacher, and public speaker. She has become the “feminine voice for the reverent shamanic use of psilocybin mushrooms”. Her book Love and Spirit Medicine archives and keeps track of her mystical journey and shamanic exploration into the heart of entheogenic mushrooms. She travels far and wide teaching and sharing her knowledge about the mushroom intelligence and all that she encounters in her journey with the mushroom spirits.
In this interview, she discusses how to communicate with the mushroom spirits and build a relationship with them. She also shares:
- [6:12] Her initial experiences with nature spirits in the rainforest after taking plant medicines during ceremonies.
- [10:29] Ways to protect yourself from negative spirits during plant medicine ceremonies.
- [14:42] A beautiful encounter with Lady Sak K’uk (The Red Queen) in Palenque.
- [16:30] The difference between venturing into the deep realms using plant medicines versus regular meditation.
- [23:42] How peyote can be an effective medicine to treat addictions.
- [25:41] The importance of appropriate opening and closing of every plant medicine ceremony.
- and much, much more! Much more!
Mentioned in this episode:
- Psilocybe Mushroom History
- Human Trial Finds Magic Mushrooms Beat Severe Depression
- WHO fact sheet on Depression
Where to find Shonagh:
Medicine music for the soul
Oleander, a Phutureprimitive remix by BlueTech
Deepest gratitude to these artists, for allowing us to use their music in our podcast branding.
- Birds of Paradise
- Desert Dwellers
- The Human Experience
- Ixchel Prisma
- Phuture Primitive
- Shaman’s Dream
To know more about these artists, visit our Gratitude page.