Chris is a FOX News correspondent featured in over 100 countries, is a regular guest on The Dr OZ Show, and appears on CNN, ABC, NBC, PBS, and numerous other TV networks. He has been featured in major media globally, including The New York Times, Outside Magazine, Psychology Today. CNN calls Chris “The Indiana Jones Of Natural Medicine”. In today’s episode, Chris will shed light about having the ultimate Ayahuasca experience.
We’ll discover more about:
- [03:30] How Chris became “The Medicine Hunter”
- [6:15] His experiences with Amazonian Shamans
- [10:10] How Ayahuasca has impacted Chris’s life and influenced him to write the “Ayahuasca Test Pilots Handbook”
- [16:05] Risks of taking Ayahuasca without ample knowledge of it
- [21:25] The difference between Ayahuasca and LSD
- [23:32] Pros and cons of the sudden resurgence of interest in plant medicine traditions
- [31:35] Chris’s take on the ethical controversies around ethnobotanical resources
- [35:47] The possibility of regulating and rating Ayahuasca experiences
- and much, much more!
Art by Autumn Skye
Mentioned in this interview:
- ESC – Ethnobotanical Stewardship Council
- Ayahuasca Test Pilot’s Handbook
- Blue Morpho
- Toé Plant
- The Jaguar that Roams the Mind
Where to find Chris:
Medicine music for the soul
Pasha Dume Pae by Txai Fernando
Deepest gratitude to these artists, for allowing us to use their music in our podcast branding.
- Birds of Paradise
- Desert Dwellers
- The Human Experience
- Ixchel Prisma
- Phuture Primitive
- Shaman’s Dream
To know more about these artists, visit our Gratitude page.