Android Jones began studying art at age 8. He attended the Ringling School of Art and Design in Sarasota FL, where he trained in traditional academic drawing/painting and animation. Jones interned at George Lucas’ Industrial Light and Magic and later founded Massive Black, an art development company based in LA. Android began his career as an Independent Artist in 2005. He now lives in his home town of Lyons, maintaining a large art studio in a repurposed barn.
Best described as a “digital painter,” Jones has created an immense body of work. He has become well known for his many layered, psychedelic works and live performances using a custom built digital set up. He participated in the Grateful Dead Fare Thee Well Tour and his work has been projected on the Sydney Opera House and the Empire State Building. A long time member of the Burning Man community, Android has traveled the world exhibiting his work and has contributed to events on 6 continents.
At the center of Jones’ work is spirituality and altered states of consciousness. Describing his work as Electro-Mineralism, Jones attributes his ability to create to the wonders of technology, crediting the planet’s resources for advancements in art production. Manipulating light and energy, Android Jones captures complex concepts while utilizing his formal background in the arts. Described as a digital alchemist, he is determined to alter the viewer’s perception, pushing the boundaries of the imagination through the use of innovative media forms.
In this episode, Android shares with us:
- [5:22] How he started to create the holographic paintings and images that he is known for.
- [9:05] His childhood encounter with little bluish inter-dimensional entities that influenced his early art works
- [12:22] An intense vibrational experience at a festival that hinged him to an inter-dimensional kind of consciousness.
- [24:50] Android’s guiding principles in life that drives him to create his art
- [27:19] How some of his artworks have impacted the lives of other people, most commonly, couples.
- and much, much more!
Mentioned in this episode:
Where to find Android:
Medicine music for the soul
Ancestors Speak (Ft Ixchel Prisma) by Attya
Deepest gratitude to these artists, for allowing us to use their music in our podcast branding.
- Birds of Paradise
- Desert Dwellers
- The Human Experience
- Ixchel Prisma
- Phuture Primitive
- Shaman’s Dream
To know more about these artists, visit our Gratitude page.