Elizabeth Bast serves as a writer, poet, yoga teacher, yogic life-style coach, visual & performance artist, fusion temple dancer, and musician. She studied at New College of San Francisco with an emphasis on Art and Social Change. Chor Boogie a.k.a. Joaquin Lamar Hailey is an internationally acclaimed spray-paint artist. His visionary murals and art exhibitions have graced many countries across the globe. He was recently honored by Societe Perrier as being number three among the the TOP TEN U.S. Street Artists of 2014. He approaches his use of color as a form of therapy and visual medicine, and has been dubbed “the color shaman” by comrades and fans. Elizabeth & Chor now also serve as educators and advocates for the iboga medicine by sharing their healing journey. In this heartfelt and truly inspiring interview, they will share with us:
- [11:10] Chor’s experience with heroin relapse and how they discovered iboga as a remedy for opioid addiction
- [14:02] What is iboga and what is the difference between iboga and ibogaine?
- [25:00] Their separate experiences during the iboga ceremony
- [26:11] Risks of using iboga and how to use iboga responsibly
- [41:50] Differences between an iboga ceremony and an ayahuasca ceremony
Mentioned in this episode:
- “Heart Medicine: A True Love Story” Memoir by, Elizabeth Bast
- Moughenda Mikala
- World Ayahuasca Conference
- Aubrey Marcus
- Jeff Cook – Iboga Wellness Center
- Ibogaine Fatalities Study presented by Kenneth Alper, M.D.
- Oxycontin: Pain Relief vs. Abuse
- Opioid Addiction
- America’s Addiction to Opioids: Heroin and Prescription Drug Abuse
- VICE Premieres ‘Heroin Crisis’ Documentary
- If Heroin is Illegal, Why Is OxyContin Legal?
- What are the treatments for heroin addiction?
- Could this drug help millions of American addicts?
- ‘You want a description of hell?’ Oxycontin’s 12-hour Problem
- How to Help a Methadone Addict
- Iboga info and resources
Where to find Elizabeth and Chor:
- Chor’s Instagram
- Chor’s Facebook page
- Chor’s website
- Elizabeth’s Instagram
- Elizabeth’s Facebook page
- Elizabeth’s website
Medicine music for the soul
Deepest gratitude to these artists, for allowing us to use their music in our podcast branding.
- Birds of Paradise
- Desert Dwellers
- The Human Experience
- Ixchel Prisma
- Phuture Primitive
- Shaman’s Dream
To know more about these artists, visit our Gratitude page. [rad_rapidology_inline optin_id=”optin_3″]