We (the people at Entheonation) built and manage Entheonation.com and want you to get the most out of your time here. This site, blog, online community, and related services are designed to entertain, educate, and empower you to evolve personally and professionally. We encourage you to share your thoughts and express yourself freely. However, be responsible in what you write, and try your best to be respectful. Disagreement is not disrespect. Being critical and debating ideas is fine (and warmly welcomed too), but crudeness and personal attacks diminishes the quality of the conversations we can have here. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items listed below appear in your writing or what you link to (things like spam, viruses, or content that directly promotes physical violence).
We reserve the right at all times to determine what is and is not acceptable behaviour within our school and all its virtual spaces and reserve the right at all times to remove students from the online community if they breach the Code of Conduct. We treat this school and all its virtual meeting spaces as if it were a serious entheogenic healing ceremony deserving of the same respect and sincerity.
Also, in regards to the affiliate products and services sold in our shop, the FTC requires us to make it clear that we receive money from promoting those products. You can read more about Affiliate Disclaimers here.
That’s the short of it.
Thanks also to the good peeps at Automattic (responsible for cool creations like WordPress.com), who have made their more comprehensive Terms of Service available under a Creative Commons Share alike license, which means that you can borrow some or all of their wording for your own Terms of Service – which is just what we did.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the Website, you agree to become bound by the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement. If you do not agree to all the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these Terms and Conditions are considered an offer by Entheonation, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 16 years old.
1. RESPONSIBILITY OF CONTRIBUTORS If you operate a blog, comment on a blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, video file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that: the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party; if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content; you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms; the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content; the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing); the Content is not libelous or defamatory (more info on what that means), does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party; your Content is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods; your Content is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your blog or comment’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own. Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Entheonation has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Entheonation’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Entheonation’s reasonable opinion, violates any Entheonation policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Entheonation’s sole discretion.
2. RESPONSIBILITY OF WEBSITE VISITORS Entheonation has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Entheonation does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that by some i considered offensive, controversial, politically-incorrect, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Entheonation disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
3. CONTENT POSTED ON OTHER WEBSITES We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Entheonation.com links, and that link to Entheonation.com. Entheonation does not have any control over those non-Entheonation.com websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Entheonation.com website or webpage, Entheonation does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Entheonation disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Entheonation.com websites and webpages.
4. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT AND DMCA POLICY As Entheonation asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Entheonation.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Entheonation in accordance with standard Digital Millennium Copyright Act (”DMCA”) Policy. Entheonation will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Entheonation or others, Entheonation may, in its discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Website. In the case of such termination, Entheonation will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Entheonation.
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY This Agreement does not transfer from Entheonation to you any Entheonation or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Entheonation. Entheonation, Entheonation.com, “Entheonation” logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with its offerings or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Entheonation, Lorna Liana or Entheonation’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Entheonation or third-party trademarks. You hereby grant Entheonation an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to (a) use, copy, publish, stream, store, retain, publicly perform or display, transmit, scan, reformat, modify, edit, frame, translate, excerpt, adapt, create derivative works and distribute (through multiple tiers), any Content you post on or in connection with the Website or Entheonation services or the promotion thereof and (b) to use your name, likeness and image for any purpose, including commercial or advertising, each of (a) and (b) on or in connection with Entheonation or the promotion thereof.
6. CHANGES Entheonation reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Entheonation may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
7. TERMINATION Entheonation may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement, you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES The Website is provided “as is”. Entheonation and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Entheonation nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. If you’re actually reading this, here’s a treat. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY In no event will Entheonation, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this Agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Entheonation under this Agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Entheonation shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
11. INDEMNIFICATION You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Entheonation, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to out of your violation this Agreement.
12. MISCELLANEOUS This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Entheonation and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Entheonation, or by the posting by Entheonation of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the California, the United States, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal.