Larry Norris is the founder and executive director of ERIE (Entheogenic Research, Integration, and Education). ERIE is a group dedicated to entheogenic research and the development of integration tools, as well as bringing diverse entheogenic speakers, practitioners, and researchers to share their wisdom with the San Francisco/Bay Area communiy. This summer Larry taught Entheogenic Education, a graduate level course at the California Institute of Integral Studies. The goal of this course was to discuss the concept of entheogens as educational tools and teachers. A dedicated activist and a proponent of cognitive liberty, Larry’s efforts emphasize entheogens potentially transformative value given the right set and setting.
Julie D. Megler is a board certified family medicine and psychiatric nurse practitioner. Professionally she strives to integrate the mind/body connection and health care. Julie has a private practice in the San Francisco/Bay Area, offering mental health services and integration of non-ordinary states of consciousness. She is also on the board of directors for ERIE non profit. Julie has presented at Detroit’s First Entheogenic Conference, Psychedelic Science, and The Women’s Visionary Congress. In addition she has co-authored chapters in the books Manifesting Minds and The Therapeutic Uses of Ayahuasca.
In this episode, they will share their tips on how couples can optimize their visionary experiences, while staying healthy, playful, and deeply connected even in extreme conditions.
You will hear about:
- [06:04] How Larry and Julie were brought together by their visionary experiences
- [08:15] Their best advise on how to maintain a harmonious and impactful relationship in a visionary setting
- [11:18] Their first visionary experience as a couple
- [14:45] How to hold a sacrosanct container for a relationship in the midst of entheogenic journeys
- [18:44] How types of entheogenic medicines apply in relationships
- [28:00] The Burning Man experience and its challenges to couples
- [33:15] How couples can get over the Burning Man hangover
- [37:21] Responsibilities of visionary couples in the community
- [39:25] How couples can support each other on integration and get back into the rhythm of the “real world”
Art by Andrew Jones
Mentioned in this interview:
Where to find Julie & Larry:
Medicine music for the soul
Deepest gratitude to these artists, for allowing us to use their music in our podcast branding.
- Birds of Paradise
- Desert Dwellers
- The Human Experience
- Ixchel Prisma
- Phuture Primitive
- Shaman’s Dream
To know more about these artists, visit our Gratitude page. [rad_rapidology_inline optin_id=”optin_3″]