Rick Doblin, Ph.D., is the founder and executive director of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS). He received his doctorate in Public Policy from Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government, where he wrote his dissertation on the regulation of the medical uses of psychedelics and marijuana. Rick studied with Dr. Stanislav Grof and was among the first to be certified as a Holotropic Breathwork practitioner. His professional goal is to become a legally licensed psychedelic therapist.
Rick joins me once again for another engaging conversation. This time, we are going to discuss psychedelics and its possible medical impact on PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder).
In today’s episode, we will learn about:
- [7:00] Rick’s work with MAPS and developments regarding his work on PTSD
- [9:20] Involvement of MAPS in Visionary Festivals
- [20:11] Effects of psychedelics based on MAPS’ research on PTSD therapy
- [29:16] MAPS’ work on LSD & end-of-life work
- [33:45] Rick’s wisdom brought by his otherworldly visionary explorations
And much, much more!
Mentioned in this episode:
La Mesa – Barcelona’s Swanky Cannabis Club Which Got Closed
- 14 Years After Decriminalizing All Drugs, Here’s What Portugal Looks Like
- 10 Famous People Who Did LSD
- MDMA as a legal medical drug article
Where to find Rick:
Medicine music for the soul
Cura by Ixchel Prisma
Deepest gratitude to these artists, for allowing us to use their music in our podcast branding.
- Birds of Paradise
- Desert Dwellers
- The Human Experience
- Ixchel Prisma
- Phuture Primitive
- Shaman’s Dream
To know more about these artists, visit our Gratitude page.